Sunday, August 23, 2009

"Avery's 1st week of Pre-K"

My big girl started Pre-K this week! She is going Tues-Thurs at a sweet little school-Arkansas Baptist. She loves it! Every day she isn't going, she asks me, "Is today preschool, mommy? I just love preschool!" She feels like such a big girl! It's so weird to me, cause its real school-she sits at a desk, has a uniform (that's not what I would dress her in :0) ), and she learns about reading, writing, music, math, pe, library, and lots more. I'm so thankful we were able to put her at this school this year. I love it that she has a verse she learns each week, and they learn the alphabet by learning a verse with each letter. I'm a bit of a 'school nerd' so I get real 'giddy' about her going to school. I just love all the things she is going to learn this year. She is so ready! I didn't have tears, but got a little sentimental the first day I dropped her off. At least it's only 3 days! I realize I must soak up as much as I can of her this yr, before she starts going everyday next yr! Sniff>sniff!!! Honestly, the saddest part is Riley asking where "E-E" is (as she calls Avery) about every hour she is gone. I think she really misses her big sister!


This is Avery and her sweet teacher, Mrs. McMorran

2 comments:

JWood said...

LOVE the blog, lil'!! this will be so fun to keep up with you & the cute little family!! your girls are beautiful, just like you!! my oldest niece, Madie, started Pre-K this year, but her's is every day! my sister is going through a little shock, but Madie LOVES it! I know Avery will feel just the same! love you much!!!

Meredith said...

So cute! Looks like she had a blast!